One hair pattern that celebrities have been loving is the slicked again bun & if you wish to strive the coiffure your self, we now have knowledgeable recommendations on the precise steps you need to take to realize the look.
If you buy an independently reviewed services or products by a hyperlink on our web site, we might obtain an affiliate fee.
Fascinated with switching up your coiffure and attempting a slicked again bun however don’t know the place to start? Haven’t any worry, as a result of we spoke to movie star hairstylists EXCLUSIVELY, on the best way to obtain the look in just a few simples steps.
Stars together with Olivia Culpo, Khloe Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, and Hailey Baldwin, (simply to call just a few!) have been loving this coiffure and it’s really not as difficult as you assume. So, that will help you get the glossy look, we spoke to 3 completely different movie star hairstylists and you may comply with their steps beneath.
Movie star hairstylist, Clariss Rubenstein, advised HollywoodLife, “I really like a slicked again bun and it’s straightforward for those who comply with the proper steps and use the proper product.” Clariss’s 4 steps embrace:
1. “Begin with dry straightened hair (if the hair is soiled even higher), a ponytail holder, bobby or French hair pins, a smoothing brush, and a shiny pomade. I really like MONAT Molding Shine Pomade. It’s a part of their males’s line however works nice for a appear to be this.
2. “Take your pomade and emulsify it in your palms, run it by inch sections of your hair. Hair doesn’t have to be saturated with product, however the hair must be considerably coated.
3. “You may as well use oil for the inside components of the hair to make it slick, heavy, and moist wanting and reserve your pomade smoothing the highest layer. Completely as much as you. MONAT REJUVENIQE Oil Intensive is a superb oil and also will situation your hair when you’re sporting this look.
4. “As soon as your hair is prepared for the bun, brush it along with your smoothing brush band safe it right into a ponytail utilizing your ponytail holder, twist the ponytail right into a bun, and safe with pins.”
In the meantime, movie star hairstylist and Worldwide Color Artistic Director for evo hair, Tom Smith, calls this pattern “Botox Hair” and he defined that the “fashion can work on any hair size longer than the chin.” Tom shared, “It includes sweeping all of the hair up into an especially tight bun that sits on the crown of your head.”
Tom shared some ideas, explaining, “The hair have to be combed again and up tightly in a line that could be a continuation of your cheekbones, giving the ‘snatched,’ freshly Botoxed look of this glossy, sharp fashion. For this fashion, use a powerful maintain styling gel like evo Gangsta Grip to comb all of your hair up and again and safe with a good hair elastic at your crown. Use a toothbrush or the evo Tyler brush and extra gel to slick down any flyaways round your hairline.”
Stacey-Ann Houston, Ulta Magnificence Design Workforce Member & Grasp Hair Stylist, shared one other approach you’ll be able to strive, explaining, “The slicked again bun look is a superb fashion to put on particularly on ‘day 5’ hair for a greater maintain. To attain this look, you will have a detangling brush, boar bristle brush, a comb, and two ponytails or elastic scrunchies.”
Stacey-Ann’s steps to reaching the look:
1. “Detangle your hair with the detangling brush ranging from the ends and work your manner up the hair shaft till you attain your roots. Repeat these steps till all of your hair is detangled.
2. “Use your comb to create a middle half down the center of your head.
3. “Apply Pattern Beauty’s Strong Hold Gel within the palm of your palms (in regards to the dimension of 1 / 4 then just a little extra if wanted) and distribute the product in your hair from the roots to the ends.
4. “Use your boar bristle brush to assist easy your hair right into a low ponytail and apply one in all your scrunchies to carry the hair collectively.
5. “Take the hair hanging from the again of the ponytail, and in a round movement wrap the hair across the first scrunchies, repeat till there’s no extra hair left to wrap across the bun. Place the opposite scrunches across the bun to carry the bun in place.